Do you have the drive to design something from scratch? Do you want to be the driving force to generate new ideas, innovations, concepts, move projects forward and put them into practice? Do you like to work in small teams and appreciate the fact of being able to form your own creative work environment?
You always wanted to experience the atmosphere and advantages of working at a Startup while enjoying the benefits of belonging to a globally respected and situated car manufacture? Well then join our team!
The aim of our work is to develop state-of-the-art, future–oriented apps and beyond that, design connectivity use cases as well as business models. Become a part of this next big thing! Your ideas will influence the innovations of the future!
For our newly established interdisciplinary MBition GmbH (a 100% Daimler subsidiary) located in Berlin we are searching for passionate software developers with pioneering spirit. MBition GmbH focuses on the series development of navigation software, location-based services and User Experience / User Interface.
It combines the spirit and the flexibility of a start-up with the resources and capabilities from a company that has been perfecting its craft for over 100 years.
You take delight in shaping the future of connectivity in the automotive environment? Your main duties comprise the analysis and evaluation of the Startup scene, the development of innovative IT solutions within the connectivity environment and last but not least the implementation of new ideas and use cases.
- Concept drafting, series development, and maturity level validation of current and future navigation products, with a focus on automatically updating navigational maps and the display of dynamic information
- Developing software architectures according to criteria such as relevance, scalability, performance, efficiency, robustness, and security
- Agile software development
- Deriving, evaluating, and specifying requirements
- Managing and coordinating external service providers and suppliers
- Degree in computer science, information technology, communication technology, or a comparable qualification
- 5 + years' experience in pure software development, C++ and or Java, using agile methodology
- Solid and reliable experience of programming languages such as Python, Scala, or similar
- Several years' experience in developing navigation systems and/or location-related web services
- Several years' experience in the field of georeferencing (e.g.GPX, OpenLR, …)
- In-depth experience of REST services
- International/intercultural work experience desirable
- Proficient German and English
- Excellent analytical skills and an independent, structured, and target-oriented approach to work
- Personal initiative, commitment, and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Willingness to travel
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectation
- Earliest start date