Do you have the drive to design something from scratch? Do you want to be the driving force to generate new ideas, innovations, concepts, move projects forward and put them into practice? Do you like to work in small teams and appreciate the fact of being able to form your own creative work environment?
You always wanted to experience the atmosphere and advantages of working at a Startup while enjoying the benefits of belonging to a globally respected and situated car company? Well then join our team!
The aim of our work is to develop state-of-the-art, future–oriented apps and beyond that, design connectivity use cases as well as business models. Become a part of this next big thing! Your ideas will influence the innovations of the future!
For our newly established interdisciplinary MBition GmbH (a 100% Daimler subsidiary) located in Berlin we are searching for a passionate Lead Engineer with a pioneering and friendly spirit. Someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. It combines the spirit and the flexibility of a start-up with the resources and capabilities of one of the most respected brands in the world. MBition GmbH focuses on the series development of navigation software, location-based services and User Experience / User Interface.
Would you like to help shape the future of connectivity in the automotive environment? Your main duties will be comprised of focusing on developments within the automotive start up scene, the engineering of innovative IT solutions within the connectivity environment, and last but not least, the implementation of new ideas and use cases.
- Concept drafting, series development, and maturity level validation of current and future navigation products, with a focus on intelligent online routing functions
- Developing software architectures according to criteria such as relevance, scalability, performance, efficiency, robustness, and security
- Agile software development
- Deriving, evaluating, and specifying requirements
- Managing and coordinating external service providers and suppliers as part of the technical implementation of new product developments
- Degree in computer science, information technology, communication technology, or a comparable qualification
- 7+ years' experience in software development using agile methods
- Solid experience of programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, or similar
- An expert in the field of routing (Dijkstra, Arc-Flags, CRP, HL, …)
- Several years' experience in developing navigation systems and/or location-related web services
- Several years' experience working with navigation map databases (especially NDS)
- Several years' experience in the field of georeferencing (e.g.GPX, OpenLR, …)
- Experience of working with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive or similar)
- Experience of working with map databases and georeferencing a distinct advantage
- International/intercultural work experience desirable
- Proficient English, German is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and an independent, structured, and target-oriented approach to work
- Personal initiative, commitment, and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- High degree of flexibility
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectation
- Earliest start date